Merging into the Limitless and Infinite with music

 I am because we are...!

I tend to think of myself in the way I am comfortable or in the way I like to project myself to the world. Perhaps, it may be a practice with many of you. But, 'comfortable' does not make it interesting! I know there is an unexplored sea of thoughts, ideas and emotions.... breathing and waiting! 

One fine day, I have decided to dive into the sea, guided by this wonderful human being, my NLP mentor, Bhavana. Deep diving requires, specific methods and focussed practice. With the ever present, persistent prodding by my mentor, I am able to appreciate the complexity of the bends, twists, the muddy and murky darkness, the sudden piercing light from around a corner, the peace, stillness and much more. It is not an easy task and I have to fight with the resistance and fear. The guiding hand of my mentor is behind me, giving me the right amount of push to lift my legs and jump deep. 

One by one, when the invisible bonds chaining me loosen up, there is this weightlessness and I float. But, believe me, it is not a smooth process for me. But I have begun the exploration  and the moments of harmony are slowly expanding from seconds, minutes to days and spread over my entire being. (Thanks to you, mentor!)

The other day in the training session, when the guest speaker, Charles Ainslie (South Africa) began his speech with reading the beautiful poem, 'Wild Geese by Mary Oliver, something shifted within me. The poem with that striking opening words, " You do not have to be good..." instantly took hold of my thoughts. 

We had some profound exercises to experience the poem and ourselves and the underlying interrelations keeping us all in a web. 

The words of the poem, his soft yet intense voice and the way we all reached out blurred the individual boundaries. 

And then, in the morning, there was this soul-stirring music coming through the flute of Jayanth. I could hear those profound phrases in the poem close to my ears like a soft breeze. 

"the world offers itself to your imagination,

calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting -

over and over announcing your place

in the family of things."

The nadham (tonal quality) of flute just merged with the air and teased me gently with a suggestion of the scent of jasmine and wild jasmine (பிச்சிப் பூ). The chains fell off and my lighter self soared high in the limitless blue sky. 

I always am drawn to the raga Kalyani at some deep level. The swaras of  chatushruti rishabam, antara gandharam, prati madhyamam, chatushruti dhaivatam, kakali nishadam in different permutation combination brings high mountain ranges in hues of violet and blue, trying to pierce the blue sky to my mind. I feel the morning breeze and the soothingly warm rays of the sun; can hear and sense the whole earth coming alive to a new dawn. 


The raga, Kalyani through the flute (after my NLP session) that day, not only lifted me to fly high, it just reduced me to fine pieces like grains of sand and I just became one with the soil, the gurgling stream, 
the chirping birds, the swaying branches of trees and the lively little girl hopping around and her full throated laughter. 


"I" was there in all these and I experienced all these too!  

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

Do you have any questions?

  प्रश्नः,  प्रश्न , 'கேள்வி ,  ചോദ്യം (chodyam), 'Prashna' - ప్రశ్న, প্রশ্ন, प्रश्नः,  प्रश्न , ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ( Praśne ), પ્રશ્ન, سوا...