Grandmother to granddaughter - in the tradition of listening to stories on the lap of Patti.'

 Sharing thoughts with Kailu.

You have read about the 'Brave women of India'. Sure, you have your questions about who did they fight against and why. I guess, Abakka is your favourite woman, am I right?

When something of your own is taken away from you without your permission, how would you react? Can anyone tell you, "This is what you should like; you should walk, talk, sleep, play and read only as I choose."?

Young people like you observe, think and understand a lot from all the life around you. So, when we say, August 15th, is Independence Day of India and we celebrate it every year in schools, offices, many other places and at homes too!. 

Can you share your ideas about what is Independence for you? How do you want to celebrate it?

I think of all the people - some known and popular, but a lot more people, not known by us and forgotten - who fought to be free of the control by the British. Today, how can we protect and appreciate this independence for me and others too. 

As a mark of my remembering all those people, I drew a kolam in front of the house.

 








You remember my friend, Sudha patti, don't you? She has drawn this design.  Doesn't her design look like the Chakra on our flag? 

 







Be free to find your joy and happiness in loving all creatures. 

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

Do you have any questions?

  प्रश्नः,  प्रश्न , 'கேள்வி ,  ചോദ്യം (chodyam), 'Prashna' - ప్రశ్న, প্রশ্ন, प्रश्नः,  प्रश्न , ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ( Praśne ), પ્રશ્ન, سوا...