And, the competition continues...


A little meditation, going inward and creating a design in front of the house - it has become a great stress buster and good way of starting the day, particularly now.

Added to that is the revival of one childhood habit of competing with my neighbour and a very close friend of six decades.

She had been there for me to guide my steps when I float in my day dreams (literally and figuratively too!). Marriage and the choices of profession had taken us to different places; but our hearts found ways to bond and stay close.
In the twilight years, we have both come to the same city, yet stay quite a few kilometres away from each other.

We are not given to using mobile and other social media often to communicate with each other; nor can we be demonstrative of our friendship and love. so what! Certain things from the childhood come back with renewed vigour - this was our competition during the month of Markazhi to fill the entrance with beautiful 'kolam' designs and to see who completed it first.

She is sharing her free hand designs with me because I enjoy looking at them and also want to incorporate those designs in my kolams (hope, no patent/copyright issue??!).

I occasionally add a dash of colours to bring a different perspective.
The kolam design that I created today is here.(The one above)

These flowers were in and out of my thoughts and vision since last two days. They wanted me to feel them, smell them and acknowledge them in my heart.
Morning the watch man stood and looked down at it for few minutes and showered me with such appreciation that it seemed like the flowers swayed gently in the breeze and smiled at me.
I wanted to share it with my friend and said " The competition continues."(Why did I say so?)
She has subtly pointed that out. Ha ha! Feel like those 12-14 year old girl with the whole world within her reach. the kolam down below is the one , my friend has sent!.


கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

Do you have any questions?

  प्रश्नः,  प्रश्न , 'கேள்வி ,  ചോദ്യം (chodyam), 'Prashna' - ప్రశ్న, প্রশ্ন, प्रश्नः,  प्रश्न , ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ( Praśne ), પ્રશ્ન, سوا...