Enhancing experience?

A decision (partly impulsive), had us all shifting house to centre of all cultural/art happening that is Mylapore. Was pretty excited about the temples at every turning, auditoriums all in three directions at walking distance, the crowded market where you can watch people other than buying household needs,  mmm... the list goes on!  I settled down to enjoy all these and even had a taste of listening to some good music before all plans went in a smoke. It sounds a bit comical to say I fell down and fractured my toe! But, that was what had been the speed breaker. For the last 3 weeks or so, I'm glued to the sofa, reading, surfing channels, sleeping and trying to guide my daughter in managing the house (To guide??) the rest of the time. So, there is plenty of verbal battles, debates and splitting hair.
I was able to occupy myself somehow up till now. I could now enjoy the nuances and subtle rendering of the ragas and krithis in the morning music programmes broadcast through AIR with a focus because I am sitting in one place. Can listen to the birds getting ready for the day and watch the pranks of those two, three squirrels running up and down on the parapets in front of our balcony, lifting their tails up in the air. I sit and admire the way the pigeons walk on the same parapet like the beautiful belles walking on the ramp. There is this mango tree in front of the window, shooting tender  new leaves. From the soft golden hue of the young shoots to the rich green of the mature leaves, the tree is a celebration of all shades of green. The birds and squirrels keep up their music all through the day - different ones for morning, noon and evening - keeping me company. In the distance, the noises of the city play a different tune all muffled and at an optimum level.
In the evenings, I can hear children from the neighbouring apartments playing down stairs. It is a pleasant surprise to see children playing in the evening these days when the trend is to put them through a roller coaster ride of tuition classes.
In the mornings, the main players are my daughter and myself- she busy with the cooking and me giving the occasional tips. (this is the session for learning patience) To give due credit to her, I should say, she plans her work and completes her cooking in the allotted time. It is the follow up work of cleaning, washing clothes where we both have different approach.
Sometimes, she surprises me with her efficient planning and improvisation in cooking methods.
For the last 20 days, she had cooked diet food for me perfectly. The way she moves about calmly without running up and down during her cooking sessions remind me of my 'patti'.  Thinking it is all mother's love showering praises? not at all, my friends, for every day we have our quota of 'mother-daughter' sparring too! Like i would say cleaning up after any activity is not something she relishes. And, I have a long list of how to get things done but not in the way she does. However, all those are part of learning experience, I think. 
I hope acceptance and accommodating the short comings of people around me come easily after this. I think, I am honest to myself in recognising my irritable atributes though I may not admit them openly!
After the long spell of sitting with myself and frequent sessions of introspection, will I emerge a changed person sans those irritating traits is the question, you have to wait for folks!
(After the break, ha, ha...).



















ge  
  

1 கருத்து:

UmaS சொன்னது…

Sometimes we need to let go and see how the children cope with situations...for all we know, they might have observed us and improvised our planning abilities....

Take care.

Do you have any questions?

  प्रश्नः,  प्रश्न , 'கேள்வி ,  ചോദ്യം (chodyam), 'Prashna' - ప్రశ్న, প্রশ্ন, प्रश्नः,  प्रश्न , ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ( Praśne ), પ્રશ્ન, سوا...